Monday, January 30, 2006

Metaphors for Life in the Magic Kingdom


First of all, I haven't heard from my parents yet. I do believe they've read my letter cause they sent me 3 of those dorky forwarded emails that are supposed to be so inspiring so at least I know they're back from their vacation. I'll let you all know when it happens.

Now for the topic at hand.

If you go on the ride "Pirates of the Caribbean" at Disneyland you'll pass the scene where the jailed pirates are trying to coax the dog, holding the key to their prison, to come closer so they can snatch the key and be free. They've been at it for decades,

Anyway. if you look farther back, towards the beginning of the scene where the jail first starts, you'll clearly see that a timber has fallen aginst the bars and created a clear break in the cell. If these pirates were not so fixated on the dog holding the key to their happiness, survival and freedom, they might have noticed that these gifts are right there; been there all along. No struggle necessary.

How often does this happen to us all? Food for thought anyway.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, deep.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home