Monday, January 23, 2006

Song Writing


I can feel it coming back; the urge to write new songs. I have written quite a few in my day but just haven't felt inspired in the last couple of years. Sure there has been plenty of material laying all over my life, but the thought of taking any of it and writing it in a way that can be put to music is really hard.

Sometimes songs come to me and I can hear every part of it in my head. That is when I wish there was a device that would plug into my brain and record the complete song without having to go through that pesky writing and recording process. It often gets lost in translation anyway.

My guitar has been sitting in my room on it's stand. Occasionally used for a quick copy tune or a replay of something I've written before. It wants more. I want more. It can take a lot of time an energy to write a song and I've got so many other priorities; so many areas of my life that I feel I'm neglecting. I guess if this feeling gets stronger I'll make the time. I do enjoy the process.

How's this for a title "Chivalry and Lust" Hmmmm. Might consider this one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can sleep when we are dead! Create! Love! Learn!

(Okay, I'm not so full of this gusto or energy IRL.)

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home