Wednesday, October 19, 2005

13 Year Old Energy

It seems impossible but my daughter, my youngest child, just turned 13. I'm now the mother of two teenagers. The changes I'm seeing in both the kids are amazing. They're becoming the adults they're meant to be. They are loving, curious, articulate, imaginative and for the most part, great people to hang out with. We have a lot of fun together.

Right at this moment, as the day of my daughters birth is coming to a close, there are 11 odd children running, laughing, talking, and shouting. Yes, that's right, a slumber party. Odd name for a party where there is so little of the name of the party going on.

If we could bottle up the energy of these kids that has been expended in the last six hours we could light up the state of California for at least a week.

I guess the slumber parties I attended at this age were very much the same. I remember getting a bit tired of the hyperness of the night but not wanting to be the party pooper, kept up with the best of them. Maybe that's what we were all doing cause we thought that is what we were supoosed to do.

Anyway, I for one am going to hit the hay and find a semi-quiet spot for those getting tired of the super energetic frenzy.

Hope I get some sleep. There are some here that don't look like they'll be ready to sleep any time soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home