Monday, September 03, 2007

Back in the Groove

I started back to my usual class schedule today after a month of not teaching. It was a hard month. I seemed to be swirling emotionally on a fairly regular basis. I chalked it up to the stress of trying to make all the planned changes to the place. That was partly it.

I realized today that a lot of this instability was due to not doing my usual thing at my usual time. As soon as the first class started, I was feeling like my old self. I enjoyed being with my people, in my spot, at my time. I had enough energy left over at 8 o'clock tonight that I met eduardo for a set of tennis. I had a great time! He beat me 6-4, but it wasn't due to a lack of energy. I just kept hitting the damn ball too far. Too much energy? No, not enough top spin. I was serving well most of the time though.

Anyway. It's interesting to discover what a creature of habit I am. I'm feeling hopeful about the studio, whatever comes my way.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I wish I were more of a task oriented /activity oriented person.
It's so much easier to function in a task oriented world.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Chunks said...

That's the Anabel we know and love! Welcome back!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Devo said...

I'm glad you made it through the patch, and as for the FGO's I totally agree. I have been feeling excessively underbalanced for quite a while now as well, and it aint fun Charlie. There is a lot to be said for routines and activities.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Glad to hear you're doing well, girl!

...say, weren't you learning to play the banjo or something like that? How's that coming along? (Just being nosey. lol.)

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home