Thursday, August 09, 2007

Once there was a night

Written a few hours after first light 8/8/07

Once there was a night
That night was filled with
anguish,
fear,
sorrrow,
and tears

It was also filled with
love,
words,
calmness,
and joy

It was a night of transformation
of facing truths and finding out that some were lies
of heartbeats
and moments
and time
and space

A night of prayers without answers
Of decisions that did not need making

A night of aloneness
and people
and books
and thoughts
It was sleepless and wild and full of possibilities

And in the morning it became a new beginning

I am not my limitations
I can see fear in a new light
I can look at my life in a new way

We can move forward together trusting that this hard work will bring us joy

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

This draws me in and finds a quiet place in me.
I love that you never describe the surface issues, but stay with the deeper currents.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Chunks said...

Oh but I would love to know the surface issues!!! (Nosy cow that I am...)

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home