Sunday, January 07, 2007

Up and Down

What a day! Seems like I was on some emotional roller coaster. I had a nice morning with em then went to help my old college friend paint her Mom's house. Some other friends from this era were there too. Weird... As soon as I walked in it felt weird. I just don't connect with them anymore. It was very unorganized and the fumes gave me a headache. It was nice seeing Stacy's Mom. It had been quite a while.

The only funny moment there came when I showed my friend Shaun some pictures I had just had developed so she could see what my kids look like now.

We ran across a picture that em was in. I told Shaun "That's the woman I'm seeing." She thought I was kidding but when I told her I was serious she said "Did we sleep together in college?" I said "No, did you sleep with any women in college?" She laughed and said no. The kind of "no" like "You've -got- to- be- kidding - no." It still made me laugh.

I was glad to get out of there. Then em and I had a challenging exchange about the possibility and ways a pet dog might come into our lives. That one was hard because although we've had our fair share of difficulties in this relationship, we (so far) rarely disagree to the point of having heated discussions. We worked through it in what I thought was a pretty emotionally healthy way. (This is something I'm still fairly new at.) It felt good to me to get one of these under our belts and move on.

em, eduardo, and I had a pleasant dinner together. Then I hit a traffic snarl on the way out to pick up my kids which delayed me about a half hour. ARRRG!

Now I'm home, checked on some blogs and wrote this piece. Going to my comfortable bed soon.

It was a good, growing, aggravating, learning, stressful, satisfying day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Your friend didn't know if you'd slept together in college? Wow, that's bad. Lol. I so enjoy your blog, you are too cute. I was wondering, why do you write your and your mates' names in all lowercase? I hope you're having a great year so far.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home