Thursday, January 04, 2007

First Kiss

This was going to happen. At 42 years old I was about to have my first romantic experience with a woman. A beautiful, expressive, caring, insightful woman. I had been secretly lusting after her for quite some time, knowing full well that she and I would only be together in my most secret fantasy world.

But there we were. She likes to say now that it was my bravery that brought us together. Brave is not the word I would use to describe myself that morning. Excited? Sure. Also anxious, insecure and timid.

There we are. Sitting on the couch. Holding hands. Talking. She's softly sniffling from time to time from a mild cold she's nursing. How are we going to start? We look into each others eyes and smile. This is BIG for both of us. She asks a question, "Are you afraid of germs?" I grin back and say a single word... "No."

Here we are. She learns toward me. Our lips touch for the first time, so softly and gently. My mind is reeling. My whole world is expanding. A kiss; a slow, soft incredible kiss. A moment that would forever change my life.

A kiss.....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sigh.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Oh, how sweet and beautiful. :)

11:11 PM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

So very powerfu, and real.
Thank you.

7:20 PM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

errr, powerfu"L"
Thanks.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home