Monday, January 22, 2007

Punch the sickness out of you

Last week I had a bit of a cold. When I realized my patented medicine tea * didn't work, I kind of milked it the first couple of days; stayed in bed, and didn't go teach at the studio. I had a nice weekend and ended up working through some pretty heavy emotional stuff.

I kept getting off and on headaches and nausea. I woke up this morning feeling weepy, tragic, and barfy again. I'd had enough of this! I took care of some business, saw the movie "Freedom Writer's" and went to the studio. My headache came back.

I popped a couple of asparin and decided I was really pissed off at not feeling "normal" for the last week. I got to my cardio kickboxing class and just wailed on those big bags. A short time into it my headache was gone and I was feeling really strong!

Then I put my Black Belts through their paces. I saw a lot of progress from my newer Black Belts and was very pleased.

I'm just about to start my moon time and I know that this was a big factor in my day. I would never have admitted to this a couple of years ago because I used to see women who complained about this as weak. I was too tough for this plus I've spent the majority of my life ignoring some feelings.

I'm trying to be much more honest with myself and others but still struggle heavily with it. Progress not perfection. That's the key!

* Medicine Tea: Taken at the first sign of a cold. Kicks it out for me about half the time:
Steep any kind of tea you want along with a couple shakes of Cayenne Pepper, a large clove or two of garlic cut up, lemon and honey to taste.
This tastes really bad even with a lot of honey. It's better than a cold when it works though.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And if it doesn't kill you it might get rid of your cold.

I love you hon, I just don't like that tea.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Chunks said...

Do y'all have Buckleys Cough medicine there in the US? It tastes like pine needles soaked in cat pee but it works like the dickens!

I complain about my PMS and perimeno-symtoms. I notice though that the more I do, the less I notice them, the cramps the bloating etc. I figure we are all in it together and it helps to know that others are suffering right along with you!

Feel better!

4:26 PM  
Blogger anabel said...

I seem to be stuck with this huge font. Tried to change it 5 times.

Arrrg!

9:01 PM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

I was gonna ask about the font....The tea sounds awful, but certainly no worse than an actual cold.

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home