Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Snow Cake

I saw a movie tonight that I really liked. It was called Snow Cake and stared Alan Rickman (Professor Snape from the Harry Potter movies) and Sigouney Weaver (who I think Is a brilliant actress.)

It was this nice slice of life movie about healing and dealing with difficult situations and getting to know yourself better. A man with a difficult past, who's pretty locked up goes through a life changing event and ends up spending time with an autistic woman and a few others who help him recover and reclaim his life. I don't want to give too much away but the acting is great and the message is hopeful but not in that obvious, cliched way. There are some breathtaking scenes. It makes you question what a lot of people take for granted as "normal" behavior - of course I do that regularly anyway!

Check it out - especially if you'd like a break from the usual formula movies that get so much mainstream attention.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rox said...

I love Alan Rickman! He has chops!

(I have no idea what I am talking about.)

I'll keep my eyes open for Snow Cake.

8:41 AM  
Anonymous em said...

That sounds even more interesting than when you told me about it.

2:39 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

I will take a look at it, thanks for the recommendation.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home