Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hard lesson

Yesterday I took the kids to the zoo. I go back and forth on zoos in general because I hate to see animals in captivity but it's so great to get the chance to see them in "person" so to speak. Son could get some extra credit in his biological anthropology class if he went and completed a work sheet on primates. I'm still ambivalent about the zoo concept but we had a really great time together.

I'm sore. I taught this self defense lesson that I could never see actually using to defend myself but it is super cool. It ends with what's called a scissor leg take-down. Basically you launch yourself feet first and throw your legs around your opponent in a scissor motion that takes their legs out from beneath them, causing them to fall on their back. But you fall too and in a way that's harder to control than the person getting taken down. We put out extra mats but by the last class I was sore and tired from demonstrating it. I'm going to soak in a hot shower then hit the hay. Did I just say "hit?" I mean gently tuck myself in for some well-earned, peaceful sleep. Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home