Thursday, April 02, 2009

Other Adventures

I like having trips, outings, and adventures planned. I love a good road trip too. So Saturday I'm going out to Palm Springs for the day. It's the Dinah Shore weekend which is a huge gathering of lesbian-type people. A friend has rented a house there for the week and I think I'm going to spend at least part of the day lounging by her pool. I'm planning to go to where the hoards of women are and pass out ad cards for a woman's only martial arts class I'm starting May 4th. Networking - that's the way to go I hear.

In May it looks like I'm going up north to Chico to do a self defense workshop, and then there's the local Pride festival the following weekend and possibly the Maker Faire at the end of the month.

Mid June finds me signed up to intern at a permaculture based farm in Oregon for a week. These three women own 46 acres. There's no pay but I get room and board in exchange for 20 - 30 hours of work. Here's a list of what they're working on:

- gardens and orchard
- creating a gray water and rain water catchment system
- finishing the cob studios (plastering, cob floors)
- building a pottery studio (carpentry, rock work)
- building a permanent greenhouse (rock work, cob - bale/cob, carpentry)


These are the types of things I've been wanting to do for a long time. Plus, the owners are into writing, playing, and recording music and they say they love to jam with their guests that are into that. I haven't done this in a while but it could be fun. I guess I'll bring my guitar.

There are some possible outings for July but I do have tickets to go see Heart and our Demo Team will be performing at the county fair.

I like this. It suits me well. Seize the day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rox said...

What a lovely reminder to do the things that you love! Thanks for this!

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home