Sunday, February 22, 2009

A nice weekend & self health care

This was a great weekend. I could give you all the details as to why, but then I'd have to kill you and we don't want that do we! Although my ear is still plugged, it doesn't hurt or anything and it didn't turn into a noticeable cold. I researched a bit on line and it seems that this is not uncommon. I started taking a decongestant this evening to see if that might help. My son reminded me that he had these same symptoms a few months back and that it took about a month to clear up even though he went to the student health center for treatment.

One weird thing from this is that my hearing is tweaked in that ear. I live next door to a church that has bell ringing sounds every half hour most of the day. The sound now has this dissonant echo note right after each gong. When I cover the plugged up ear it sounds normal. As long as it doesn't seem serious, I usually allow things to clear up on their own or with a little help from natural or easy over-the-counter remedies before I go to a doctor.

I leave next Saturday night for my Caribbean cruise so I'm really hoping that this won't effect my trip.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the decongestants help. They usually help me when my ears get stuffy. I wonder if your ears will pop like crazy during your flight. (I'm guessing you will take a plane to the boat, yes?)

12:27 PM  
Blogger anabel said...

Yes, I will be flying. That's part I'm a bit worried about right now.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home