Sunday, February 08, 2009

Spirits on a roll

I just go back from a gathering of lesbians who got together to talk about spiritual concepts. There were about 40 of us and we met in the home of an artist who lives in, what I think is, the Beverly Hills area. The topic was happiness and it was very interesting participating and hearing other people's thoughts. I like that it didn't devolve into the "just think happy thoughts all the time and you'll be happy." There was discussion on how some had overcome adversity, some of which seemed pretty painful, but that there were gifts from difficult experiences. Some books were mentioned that I may check out.

This was a really nice group. There was much laughter, story telling, alternate views and support. I will definitely go again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rox said...

Why don't all women gather like this?

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful. :)

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home