Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Communication - or lack thereof

I was out for my run this morning and musing about things. I got to thinking how tricky communication can be. You speak to someone and think you know for sure that that other person knows how you feel. Then at some point it comes out that the thing you thought you said got received in a different way. Sometimes it ends up being quite different from the original intent. So it made me laugh when I went to this blog and checked the comments. Rox and Anne wrote that they'll still be there when I get back. I thought - Get back from what?

So I read my last blog post and sure enough, if I had been anyone else, I would have thought that I was signing off for a while. When I said "This blog post is it for me" I meant the last thing I was going to do last night because I had hit the wall. See how tired my brain was? Hopefully my three or four readers (I don't keep stats) won't tune out thinking it might be eons until the next exciting blog post. So that's communication for ya. I'm enjoying posting every day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, silly us. :D
Glad you're still here.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Rox said...

Thankfully, I have Google Reader now which allows me to read everyone's latest posts. Great tool if you read a lot of blogs.

I like that you are blogging every day. Keep it up!

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home