Thursday, January 29, 2009

Passport to adventure and possibly another trip

I spent part of today getting the info together to get issued a new passport. I'll need it for my upcoming Caribbean cruise. My current passport is still in my married name although I've changed it in just about every other place. I got what I thought was some bum information from the guy at the first passport office I went to. It seemed like he was just trying to get rid of me even though I had made an appointment.

I went to another office and the guy there was way more helpful plus I confirmed the procedure by calling the main government passport office. An actual PERSON answered quickly. I was a bit shocked. She also gave me a tip on some extra copies I could send to prove that I'm now using my birth name. I sent it off today so it's out of my hands now. I had to pay extra for expedited service. I should have the new one in a week or so but was told to wait three weeks before calling to check. That would be cutting it pretty damn close. I'll be glad to get it in my hot little hands.

The vacation company is hosting an "Olivia Cruise Star Search" which I signed up for. The winner gets to come back and perform on another cruise - all expenses paid. I'm thinking of doing a parody of a multi-tasker by playing guitar, getting the audience to participate and help with singing, and doing martial arts at the same time. The person in charge of the event is supposed to call me in the next few days so I'll run it past her and see what she thinks. I'll need to do some practicing.

I'm grateful for distractions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rox said...

I'm also waiting in passport limbo. It makes me long for the days when people traveled without borders.

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home