Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Geese and Typos

I have seen big flocks (gaggles) of geese in the past two days. I was teaching at my studio and I heard this honking noise. It's not that I've never heard geese but this was very loud. I walked out the back door and there they were flying east. There was a good 50 or 60 of them which is way more than I've ever seen in this area. The next day two or three groups came over then merged to the north. It was a beautiful sight but I was thinking I'd hate to be crapped on by a bird that large. Yuck!

I've realized that I'm very susceptible to typos. When I'm finished writing a blog post, I'll proof-read it then publish it. I always look at my published post because, for some reason, this is where I catch most of my typos. I'd say 90 percent of the time I end up going back to correct and re-publish it. I don't know why miss them before. I'll do that with comments too but there's no going back to correct except in another comment.

Today, while doing a return, I entered the person's birthday as 1997 instead of 1967. The program wouldn't let me go through with a refund anticipation loan and it took me and the most experienced processor some time to figure it out. I wasted so much time, both mine and my clients, for this seemingly simple mistake although I was able to find a way to get them a bigger refund than they were expecting. They were really nice about it and I gave them both t-shirts. I could have completed another simple return in the extra time it took. The hours I work there go by quickly and I like talking to my customers but I don't enjoy entering all the data. Maybe this will help me with being more precise or something.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rox said...

I love the geese! Seriously! When they come back I cry because that means the dreaded winter is over! When they leave? Yeah, I cry too.

One day, I was out on the deck and a flock of geese was honking in the distance. I waited and they flew right over my head/house. Because I'm in the country, they were the only noise I could hear and I could actually hear the wind whooshing in their wings. It took my breath away.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home