Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Inspired

Like I said yesterday, I've been watching videos of comics. It's been very inspiring. I spent a lot of last night and today randomly coming up with funny stories about my life and, what I think of as, interesting ways of relating them - sort of role playing the difference between what I showed on the outside and what I was actually feeling on the inside. I'm really excited about doing this stand up routine on the ship. Who knows, it could be the start of a new hobby or even - dare I say - career? I guess I may be jumping the gun a bit, but a girl can dream; can't she?

Rox and Anne, thanks for the Judy Tenuta recommendation. I had forgotten about her. I looked her up and watched some of her material. It was hilarious and so well delivered.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rox said...

Watch the movie with Sally Field and Tom Hanks about stand up comedy. I can't remember what it's called...

Hey maybe we will someday say "We knew her when..." hahah!

9:55 AM  
Blogger anabel said...

Rox - Thanks for the tip. I did see that one but it's been a long time.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome. My son brought home a DVD of silent film slapstick actors from the library last night - Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplan, Laurel and Hardy etc. Very funny stuff. If you get a chance, watch anything by Buster Keaton made before 1928. I love me some early Buster Keaton. The later stuff, not so much.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home