Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Goats are for losers


Since the main reason I have this blog is more of a journal for myself, I have decided I like posting pictures. Plus, I can do it a lot quicker than I could before. Anyway, here's a picture of me playing with my old band. Well, you can't see the band but they're there too. I'm pretty sure em took this picture about 3 or 4 years ago. Anyway, I miss playing music with a band. I know I have no time for it now, but still, I really loved that feeling.

Speaking of bands, Daughter and I were driving in my car and listening to the Queen CD she got for Solstice. The song "We are the Champions" was playing. My daughter asked what they were singing in the chorus on the line "No time for losers cause we are the champions...of the world" so I told her. She started laughing and said she had always heard "Goats are for losers....." I laughed so hard and the next time that line was sung I totally heard "Goats are for losers..." which made me laugh even harder.

Milton Berle is quoted as saying "Laughter is an instant vacation." I agree. I'm grateful for my daughter, laughter, having had the opportunity to perform in a band and instant vacations.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, how cute! I never thought of that, but maybe next time I hear the song it will make me laugh too.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Rox said...

Is it a Queen thing? We still bug Em about her misunderstanding of We Will Rock You when she was little. She was sitting there, all of about three years old, singing "Pee-ware pee-ware opsenchuck" and we are all "Huh?" It took us ages to figure out what song she was trying to sing! We still laugh about it!

That's a great picture of you, by the way!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home