Friday, January 09, 2009

The L word

I volunteered to be tagged by Rox. This meme is where you are assigned a letter and write 10 things you like that starts with this letter. Rox gleefully gave me L. If you comment, I'll assign you a letter for you to take off with and so forth and so on.

1. "The L Word" - OK Rox, I'll bite. I do like this show. It's all soap opera-ish but the characters are distinct and well developed. Two fan favorites split up at the beginning of the first season, go through all kinds of crap and finally get reunited at the end of season five. Ahhh...True love! Plus the annoying Jenny is going to get knocked off at the beginning of this final season.

2. Laughter - I love to laugh and hear the sound of laughter. It lifts my spirits and research shows it's good for you!

3. Lesbian - I love being a lesbian. It's so much more of who you are than just who your having sex with. That being said I have trouble with labels of any kind. Contradictory? Hell, yes!

4. Love - I like being in love. It's distracting and intoxicating and confusing and sometimes painful but I think it's an important element in this rag tag life.

5. Light - Sunlight, moonlight, starlight, sunsets, candlelight, the view of lights from above a city etc. I've always been attracted to that twilight time of day.

6. Lessons - Not usually when I'm in the middle of a big one, but sometime afterward when the smoke has cleared.

7. Lyrics - I love intelligent lyrics. The Indigo Girls are really good at this.

8. Leisure - It's so great to just kick back and relax or do something simply for the pure joy of doing it.

9. Letting Go - I'm not so good at this but for those precious moments when I'm successful, it's very pleasant and feels so sane.

10. Long Hot Showers - see # 8 and 9

2 Comments:

Blogger Rox said...

LOVELY!!!!!

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I really like this meme. Lay it on me, sister!

Lesbians: well said, it really is about who you are.

Light: twilight is my favorite time of day too, especially during the summer. It's almost magical, makes me feel as if everything will be better than alright, and anything is possible.
*sigh* :)

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home