Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Shit, I need a new tranny but I saved a life!

My car has been making this fluttering noise that's gotten more and more noticeable. I take it to a local garage and they tell me that I need the transmission replaced. What!? I buy a reliable Honda with a stick because you're supposed to avoid this type of thing for a long time. So I take it somewhere else for a second opinion because they say the same thing about that's not usual with Honda's. But no, they make the same diagnosis.

I'm going to take it back to the first shop because he at least called me back when he said he would. The other place would say they'd call me back in a hour then I'd wait 2 1/2 and call them back myself. They'd say they wanted to check it another way and would get right back to me but, no, they still didn't. I just went and picked up the car and told them to call me when they had a price cause all they could say was "expensive."

So I guess this day was an example of the yin/yang principle. Yesterday was so productive and today, even the non-car stuff, was a bit like spinning my wheels - pun intended. But I stayed calm and chalked it up to "Dude, that's just the way life works sometimes." I'll be grateful today for patience.

I'm having fun playing the Trauma Center DS game I got for Christmas. Last night I successfully completed my third operation. I removed three tumors from my patients pancreas. It was touch and go there for awhile!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack! I forgot to play your game on Christmas!
I still want to do that.
Sorry to hear about your car. Damn shame.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Rox said...

Well, it's always something, isn't it? I loved the title of this post!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home