Thursday, January 01, 2009

Inspiring Writers

Son got a book from his girlfriend. It's by Neil Gaiman titled "Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders." Son read a couple of stories and a poem to daughter and I in the car. This is some great writing. The kind of writing where you try to guess the writer's intent but then just have to figure that each reader/listener will interpret it for themselves. Each of the three offerings were so different.

I believe that most people would be intrigued by a chapter with the title "Pages from a Journal Found in a Shoebox Left in a Greyhound Bus Somewhere Between Tulsa, Oklahoma and Louisville, Kentucky."

It was a very interesting piece. I'm grateful to have heard Son read it to us today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it when I hear about a good new author or book. I'll have to keep my eyes open for it.

Happy new year.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Rox said...

I've seen his books but never read one. Now I will try. Thanks for the tip!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home