Tuesday, February 20, 2007

News that fit to print

And now some happy news!

I drove two hours on Sunday to work out with my Martial Arts Instructor. It's sooooo great getting to train with him. His wife, who was a student at this school when I first started, was there as well. I love mixing it up with both of them.

I got a great, fun workout, asked some specific questions to help me with some moves, got great coaching and was moving better than I had in quite a while. It's nice working with people at or above your level. Master G was pulling out some of his fancy moves. He's all about having good basics, but he did an jumping spinning roundhouse kick above my head during a freestyle round that was beauty in motion.

Anyway, Master G. has a way of letting you know when he likes what he sees. I kept getting the signs that he was pretty impressed with me. At the end of the training session he causually says "By the way, you're fifth degree now."

I can't say I was completely surprised, but this was unexpected. I jumped from being a third degree Black Belt to a fifth degree. Once you are awarded eighth degree you are considered a Master. I guess I'm now more than half-way there.

I felt quite honored and made a commitment to make that trip once a month. His wife is also fifth degree and I love working with her. He says he wants to take the two of us in some new directions. I think I'll take em along with me next time. She's a big fan of his.

This has definitely put an extra spark back in my training. I'm so glad that I got started taking classes at his school. It's literally changed my life!

5 Comments:

Blogger Chunks said...

Congratulations Grasshopper! That's awesome!

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know how proud I am of your accomplishment. At least I hope you do. Not to mention the total hotness of it all.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Woo-hoo!!! Good for you, sensei. :) :) :)

11:00 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

"Not to mention the total hotness of it all."
...okay, now I'm jealous... :p

11:01 AM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Congratulations! That's a tremendous accmplishment.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home