Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A great man in my life

It's been an interesting week. I've gotten a lot of support from people who I have shared the grief of the last couple of posts with, including the comments here. Thank You!

I came out to my Martail Arts instructor, the man who turned the studio over to me 6 years ago. He is one of the most amazing people I have ever met and I feel very lucky to have him in my life. I respect him tremendously and his ability to relate vital life lessons in ways you can grasp and understand. I also copied and pasted those last two posts in an email to him. This was all very big for me. It got bigger after I sent it out and was waiting for his reply. I believed he would be OK with the things I revealed to him but his email response was so much better than I ever expected. He has a way of putting things into perspective and cutting through all the bullshit that seems to be designed to keep us confused and under the control of societal norms. He's some sort of guru or real life Yoda but with a lot of sex appeal to boot. So many of the female students and Moms had (have) crushes on him.

I didn't know how important this step was for me until I took it. I have this incredible, sensitive, humble, caring and much admired man in my corner. That's about the best back-up anyone can get. He once said that it's important to paint yourself a picture of who you are; an image that fits how you look at life. In his picture standing on a huge boulder in a strong imposing stance with a huge sword that he carries resting on his shoulder, ready to use. That's exactly who is is. It fits him well.

I'm ready to paint my own picture now. It's going to be glorious!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chunks said...

If you need any brushes, let me know, I can lend you some!

Big hugs to you! I'm proud of you!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

I'm happy for you that you have so much support. You're very brave. :)

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home