Monday, January 26, 2009

20 year old, skateboarding, drug addict

I'm tired. I been working flat out since 9 am. I have an amusing tale but I'm going to keep it short. I may leave out some details.

I was at my coming out support group last Friday. I got there late and there's this girl there who is clearly tweaking on drugs. She's a skater, very young, and has jet black hair with bright pink bangs. She tries to tell her story but she loses everyone and it makes very little sense although I got the impression, by the way she phrased some things, that she's probably very smart. It was just that she was higher than a kite. Everyone looked uncomfortable but the facilitator did a great job of controlling the situation so that she didn't take over the discussion.


After the meeting, a few of us were talking outside the building. She was sitting there on her skateboard and would laugh occasionally. Then she's says to me "Here" and hands me a matchbook. I say "What's this for?" She says "I think you're funny. I want you to write down my phone number and call me. I want to take you out for dinner."

Then today, I'm working at the tax office and I'm with a client. I look into the reception area an there she is. She's mumbling and then someone else that works there goes to see what she wants. I'm thinking "Shit, I don't want her to see me" so I'm kind of hiding behind my client. Skate girl doesn't see me and leaves. I finish the return I'm working on and go and talk to Linda, who was the one that greeted her. I asked what she wanted and Linda said a job but added that skate girl was on crack or something. I told her how I had met her last Friday. Linda had had another weird encounter with her last week. My friend Trish, that owns the business said "Hey, that's three encounters associated with the office which means that we're supposed to help her somehow." I said "What, you mean like the universe wants us to do something for her?" Trish says "Yeah, maybe we'll end up doing her taxes for free or something." I'm thinking "What the hell?"

Anyway, I guess I got asked out but really, I'm not that desperate. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll see her again somewhere. I'm grateful that wasn't today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rox said...

ZOINKS! Stay away from cracked out tweaking skater chicks!

I never thought I'd ever have to give you that advice...LOL!

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home