Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Radioactive Robe & R2D2

It's been pretty cold in my apartment, especially at night. We have a wall heater but I don't like to use it because there's always this funky smell. When we moved in last February, the gas company came by and checked it out and said everything was working fine. I think it just heats up the dust or something. Anyway when it started getting cold this year I decided not to use the wall heater and instead rely on R2D2 and my radioactive robe,

R2D2 is the name we gave to this portable heating, cooling, air purifying and ionizing unit that I bought at a Chinese herb store. It works great and there's no annoying smell. It really does look a bit like R2D2 from the Star Wars movies. I'm using it sparingly because I'm not sure what the electricity cost will be but I also have this amazingly warm robe. The kids got it for me last Winter Solstice. The most endearing thing about the robe is the color. It's bright neon green. I practically glow when put it on. I would never have picked out the color myself but what fun I have every time I put it on - and I stay toasty warm. Seriously, it's the warmest robe I've ever had. If it's only a bit cool I can't wear it because I start sweating in about a minute.

I'm grateful for warmth when it's cold. I'm grateful for gifts given from the heart that are unexpectedly funky and help my body, my soul and my sense of humor feel warm.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Rox said...

Pictures of the robe please! Spread the cheer!

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy propecia propecia side-effects hair - buy generic propecia online canada

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home