Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The Gratitude plan

Here's my plan or, as you will see, I'll be getting to my plan shortly. I'm pretty great at plans. What I have the tiniest bit of trouble with is the follow through. In the Al-anon program, through many motivational speakers, and from good advice I've been given from some smart people, it's been bestowed on me that a really effective way to make one's life better is by coming from a place of Gratitude - you know with a capital G. I really do have a lot of things to be Grateful for.

I woke up this morning thinking about some of the reasons I'm Grateful to have em in my life. We've been through so much. Things aren't where we expected them to be but you have to live life on life's terms. I figured I have at least a years worth of daily gratitude messages I could relate to her and I felt so strongly about it that I left a note on her car before my morning run. During the run, I got so involved with contemplating the even bigger picture that I was surprised how fast the run went by; kind of like that highway hypnosis thing that happens when you drive sometimes. I decided to post one thing that I am grateful for every day. Many posts may be very short like the last one. Some may be longer. I just think this will be a good experiment to see how this activity will effect my life. The thing I'm really hoping for is follow through action. This one simple act may re-set my circuits so that I may become a better woman of ACTION!

Feel free to bust me if I miss a day or two. I'll be Grateful for this. Here's one to keep me ahead of the game. I'm Grateful for this blog. I'll sometimes take a trip along memory lane by reading old posts. I can see how far I've come and it helps me to realize that the feelings behind the tragic posts didn't stay forever. I heard someone say that you're either in a crisis, heading toward a crisis, or coming out of a crisis. That made me laugh. I'm not sure that it's accurate but I know for sure that the only constant is change. Signing off for today.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rox said...

Congratulations on your commitment to Self. Gratitude is a great place.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home