Saturday, August 30, 2008

church sign & concert review & old friends


I was driving down a local street the other day. You know those changeable signs that are in front of churches that are supposed to inspire you to stop by or intrigue you in some way? Well when I read this one I burst out laughing...

"Tithe if you love Jesus
Anyone can honk"

Isn't that great?

I saw Melissa Etheridge at the Greek Theater last night. She puts on the BEST show. Talk about someone who gives her all during a performence! She can still belt out those tunes. She did a great job of talking about her life's journey and putting in the appropriate songs. There's an intimacy she achieves with the audience that's incredible.

Lastly, I helped an old college friend with packing for a move to the east coast. Two other friends from that era were there also. We were all great buddies 20 or so years ago so it was a bit of a reunion. Seems I've outgrown 2 out of the 3. I just don't click with them anymore and couldn't wait to leave. It's like we have nothing in common any more except the memories of our past. If I was just meeting them today, we wouldn't be friends. The stuff they think is interesting now bores me or even repels me. Oh well. Hope eveyone has a nice weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

Hello, this isn't spam, though you deserve since you saw Melissa Ethridge and didn't take me. Like when all our friend went to see k.d.lang and we could afford to go.

I had a similar experience regarding friends, I can't tell if I changed, they changed, or if I just lie less now - put on less of the face, and am a different person. Hard to know. But it depresses me because friends are so easy to lose, or release they aren't really friends but finding soul mates; just good close friends seems so hard.

Well, now I am interested in what kind of conversation repells you (sorry I just think of ropes becuase Wendryn keeps sending me puns).

What I want, desperately want is your address to send you a postcard. Please? I send one to Em, I would send you such a nice Yuri card (girl/girl love) or androgyony if you want that, or covered in stickers of anime girls in suits and short haircuts. Please? Just click my profile and email me? Unless I do send you one - but if I do, I sure haven't been sendind you yuri. Please, let me add you to my postcard project?

10:40 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth McClung said...

Erk - that should be couldn't afford to go! Oh those darn contraction.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Rox said...

I'm so jealous that you got to see Melissa in concert! How awesome for you!
Some times old friends from the past should stay in the past! LOL!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

It's so sad when you get a chance to revisit your youth and it's just not the same. :( I only talk to one friend from my school days, for this reason. But it makes me wonder, are they thinking the same thing about me? Hmmmm.... Good thing we have new and more compatible friends.

Jealous of you seeing Melissa Etheridge. ;)

2:24 AM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

I love that sign.

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home