Sunday, November 23, 2008

ch ch ch ch changes

Things are rockin' in my world. I'm looking for new career options. This economy is really taking it's toll - less new students and more people pulling out because of financial woes. So many people have either lost jobs or had hours cut way back.

I just got certified to be a tax preparer and will have the opportunity to make some extra dough doing taxes this season. I've come to realize that this is just a band aid for my own financial difficulties so I just got the process started in hopes of becoming a sheriff's deputy. It takes 5-6 months to go through the whole hiring process and get accepted into the academy but I passed the written test, the pre-screen application, and oral interview. I'm staring at a 17 page application and background check. After that comes physical, psychological, fitness and polygraph tests. There is lots to do but if I'm successful I'll have an exciting career, with good pay and great benefits. I'm going to keep my martial arts studio up and running with the help of my office manager and instructors.

My friend Joy passed away. She'd been battling cancer for the last few years. It was an huge gift to me to know and love this amazing woman. I learned things from her and how she lived her life that will be with me forever. I don't think she realized how terrific she was. I know I will think of her every time I go out for a hike. She loved hiking and loved talking and she could do both well at the same time. Bye for now Joy.

My son turns 20 next week. Yeah 20! He's an incredible young man. My daughter celebrated her sweet 16 last month. As for her, she's ready to take on the world it seems. I love and admire them both very much.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you'll make an awesome Deputy Sheriff. Good luck!

Sorry to hear about your friend passing away.

2:19 PM  
Blogger anabel said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

anabel

8:47 AM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

The sheriff job sounds neat! Good luck with the application.

3:23 AM  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

So sorry to hear of Joy's untimely passing.

Good luck with the opportunity with the Sheriff's dept.

Hopefully the School will remain viable. I always felt you were a teacher at heart.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home