Wednesday, June 21, 2006

This day

That sound
The sound of her voice over the phone
Calling to say goodnight
Somewhat soothes me after a hard day.

The emotions earlier clicked off one by one
But took place in seconds
Awkwardness, a question, another question, laughter,
caught up in the moment, let the guard down,
misspoken untimely words, realization!
Embarrasment, shock, confusion, guilt
Grasping for discreet words to explain my tears
Failure and panic, time constraint looming big
I flee causing more alarm and confusion.

The aftermath, trying to explain, apologies
The things I should have done
Better ways stored up for next time
Knowing there will be a next time
Sigh.

The sound of her voice calling briefly to say goodnight
We're both doing Mothering things with our children
This is good, we are many people
And yes, we are lovers too.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like a snapshot of the turmoil. I like your last line the best.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home