Tuesday, August 30, 2005

In Love With Myself

The title to this post may seem very egotisical. I really couldn't think of any other way to head this up. This is something that came to me last night and it has kept me floating throughout the day today.

I was driving along talking to my... how should I put this... significant other... no, that's not it, too sterile,...my...best friend...true, but that's just not enough... let's see...lover...that's accurate but not what I'm after... Oh well, can't seem to do this relationship justice so I 'll call her "the one." I don't love the term, but it will have to do for now.

Where was I? It's sure easy to get sidetracked. Oh yeah, I was talking to "the one." We had already had an interesting, insightful, meaningful day and it would be hard to relate how we got on the subject, but I was telling her the things I liked about myself. In the past this would have been very ego based but I've been working on finding out who I really am and not how this relates to how I want people to see me. "The one" has been very helpful in this matter.

Anyway, as I was talking I got this wonderful feeling in the center of my chest. I was like joy was pouring into this area. I described this feeling to "the one" then got kind of still and suddenly said "It feels like I'm falling in love with myself."

The statement startled me, but it felt like one of the most important and true statements I had ever made. I can't even describe the feeling, but it was so powerful. It felt like this giant step I was taking that I had never anticipated before. Maybe even Nirvana like.

My vast readership should know that I'm mostly posting this to save for me. I hope to have captured enough of this moment so that if it starts to fade in my memory,what I have written will remind myself of what seems like a very significant moment in my life.

I hope that anyone else that stumbles across this will have felt or will feel the satisfaction of being in love with yourself. I wonder how often this happens. It kind of came out of nowhere, but I am so humbled and grateful to have had this inspiring revelation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home