Friday, August 26, 2005

Aloha

Aloha, what a great word. I spent time in Hawaii last year and knew then that it meant both Hello and Goodbye. But when you really stop and think about this it's quite insightful. Almost all Goodbyes have an element of Hello. If you leave one place or situation then you enter into something new and visa versa.

I'm definately in an Aloha moment at this time of my life. I'm saying Goodbye to a relationship that has been huge in my life for over 20 years. It's the right thing. It feels right although bittersweet. My Hello is equally huge. I'm looking at the future and there's this big, bright, beautful world waiting for me. ME!

I have no regrets as I close this Goodbye door. Most of it was pretty damn good. It's just time to move on. He will always be a part of my life because of the family we've created and all the memories we've shared. People refer to him as one of the nicest guys in town. This is true and he knows half the town; literally. I think he will always be my friend. I wish him the best.

Hello new life. We have a lot to do and experience. You are also my friend. Let's hold hands shall we?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home