Sunday, November 22, 2009

Swine Flu

The kids and I have been sick the past few days. Coughing, congestion, headaches, body aches and fever. My daughter woke up this morning with her chest hurting from so much coughing so she decided to take a shower. Her legs were shaky so she decided to take a bath instead. When she got out she got dizzy and sat down and asked me to help her to the couch. She ended up fainting briefly. That was scary. I took her to the urgent care. She's fine. The Dr said she was probably dehydrated and that the bath made her more so, (we'd all been drinking water/juice like crazy but he said you need to drink way more than you think) That and the fact that her appetite has been down and she hasn't eaten as much as usual. Anyway I thought I'd pass on the bath info.

He said he's sure it's the swine flu. We could have taken a test but he said that everyone with these symptoms are coming back positive. He said it's VERY contagious and that you get it 1-3 days after exposure so the kids may have gotten it from me. He said you are contagious until 24 hours after the last sign of fever and that the cough/congestion can linger for a couple of weeks. Signs that it's serious are more that 5 days with any fever or if you seem to recover for a while then relapse.

Anyway, since it seems like I know more people who are sick than well right now I figured I'd let you know what we found out.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Rox said...

Feel better soon, guys!

7:52 PM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Oh no. Hope the mend comes swiftly.

4:38 AM  
Anonymous Red Bull Hats said...

great work...

12:05 AM  
Blogger Mae said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Mae said...

aw, i hope y'all feel better! Sounds like your daughter has it bad....
Don't worry, treat like an extreme cold. An extreme, contagious cold. I got over it pretty quick when I had it.
Feel better!!! :(

1:47 PM  
Blogger ahmed said...

thanks

الربح من الانترنت Earn Money From Internet

5:15 PM  
Anonymous friv 5 said...

With what can be provided to those who need and I believe that your website is good.

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home