Thursday, September 24, 2009

Psych Review

I just got back from my oral pychological interview as part of the process of getting hired as a sheriff's deputy. I started this road last November and I'm down to the last hurdle which is a medical exam next week.

I was told by the psychologist that he thinks I would make a great deputy. He's been evaluating for 28 years so he says he speaks from experience. That was a pretty big shot in the arm because I've been wondering if I'm possibly too sensitive for this job. He said on the written psych score I scored highest in the "socially bold" category and that on another portion, it seems I have a strong ego that is well balanced. (He said it's not in that egotistical way but in a confidant way.)

He said that I'm really smart and suggested that I use the time that I work custody (jail) and get my masters and said he thinks I should also go for a PhD.

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now. (Go figure!) Maybe this is the right career track for me or at least an experience that fits my adventurous personality. I'm thinking I should give it a shot as long as I pass the medical tests. Wow, this could be MAJOR!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Rox said...

HIGH FIVE!!!

I wonder what they'd say about me?
"Mentally unstable, too emotional, hair trigger moods..." HAHA!

3:07 PM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Good news! Congrats. I can totally see you in a uniform.

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm happy for you. I hope it turns out to be a wonderful experience.

- Anne

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home