Thursday, January 22, 2009

Skunk weed

New tenants have moved in next door to my studio. Since their arrival, there has been a strong smell of skunk weed in my studio from time to time. I mentioned it to the two guys leasing the place and they said something to the effect that they were doing a lot of construction and painting and that's probably where the smell is coming from.

I let a couple of weeks pass and then talked to one of them again and told him that it smells like pot and I was getting complaints. Anyway, they have said to me, and a couple of others at the studio, that they would handle it. It's gotten a little bit better but I'm at the point where I'm just going to call the cops next time it's bad. They told me that they are selling musical equipment on line. People arrive at the back door, ring the bell, get buzzed in and then they leave later. No one is carrying in or out anything tangible. I usually like to give people the benefit of the doubt but I suspect that they're dealing drugs and trying out the "product" inside. It really pisses me off that I even have to deal with this.

Anyway, let's see...what am I grateful for? It's the weekend, I'm may be going hiking on Saturday and my kids are unexpectedly staying in town with me which is good cause I've been wrestling with a bad case of loneliness and was dreading having the weekend here by myself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm. Those guys' story sounds pretty suspicious to me. The way the managers just blow it off sounds kind of weird too. We used to have a couple of those "online guitar salesmen" in my apartment complex, but they moved or got kicked out. Good thing, because they had shady looking customers stopping in at all hours of the day and night. I say you might as well call the cops. I sure am curious what they would find.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Rox said...

Call the po-po.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home