Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hope for change

I'm excited that we have a new president! I saw all those people gathered just to be in the general vicinity when Obama was sworn in. I shed a tear seeing all those little flags being waved and said to the kids "There's pride in being an American again." What a great feeling! It gave me hope.

Plus, that was our guy! - the one we hauled our asses to Nevada to support and gave up one whole weekend campaigning for.
I'm so glad that the kids and I did that together (along with em and Helen.) We'll remember that for the rest of our lives.This morning, I was snuggled up on the couch with my kids and said, "We helped make this happen." It was very powerful and humbling at the same time.

And, to top it off, I signed up two separate new students today - meaning they weren't from the same family. That hasn't happened in a single day in a long time. Maybe there's hope there too. If I can roll up my sleeves, work hard and turn things around at my studio, that would be like me doing my part to helping this economy and this country. It may sound lofty and self important but I truly believe in the ripple theory. We're all connected. We all make a difference. Plus, I just spent $480 on text books for my kids and could really use the money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home