Saturday, January 17, 2009

Off for the weekend

I'm leaving soon to do several activites for the rest of the weekend. I'm going to have a talk with my parents and see if it will help me get over the hurt I feel for the way they reacted to my relationship with em and eduardo. Then I'm heading for Idyllwild. Karen will cut and color my hair. I'm staying with my friend Kathy and her hubby who owns the best restaurant in town so we'll probably go there for dinner.

Then Sunday we're helping Karen celebrate her 65th birthday. She and some of her friends are going down the backside of the hill, past Palm Springs, to hike at a place called Mecca. It's right on the San Andreas fault and there are these uplifted areas that are supposed to look like the mesas from the south west. You have to climb ladders during the hike to get on top. It's supposed to be beautiful!

I may go dancing on the way home and/or go to one of the places that I know that are doing premier parties for the L Word's final season. Lesbo Bingo sounds like fun at a local place but I don't think I'll get there in time for that.

I'm certainly keeping busy this weekend. I think it's just what I need right now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rox said...

Pictures please! Of the travels and the hair.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, where do you find that kind of energy?! I hope you had fun.

I love your cop ridealong story. What a great adventure. Lol at those stoners' amazing luck. :D

5:07 PM  
Blogger anabel said...

Rox, I forgot my camera. Only one of the six of us remembered so I asked if she could email them to me.

Anne - yeah that made me laugh to think how those guys got off the hook. They weren't going to be arrested, just ticketed but still.... their lucky day!

10:00 PM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

I've never been there, now I must. Hope you can get pics, that would be neat.

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home