Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Roller coasters

A big bunch of us went to Disneyland today to help celebrate a friend's birthday. It was a lot of fun. I got to go on my favorite roller coaster with some kids who hadn't been on it yet. I sat next to em and eduardo's son. "Boy," as em affectionately refers to him on her blog, is such and interesting kid. He and I have what I think of as a special bond. We just get a kick out of each other.

He was really excited. He's recently discovered a love for "big" coasters. I told him the best place was in the back so he says "Yeah, I want sit next to you!" Once we were strapped in and started to leave the station he says, "Maybe I shouldn't be doing this." I tell him that I think he's going to love it.

This coaster takes off FAST. As soon as we've launched he's yelling things like "I LOVE this" and "This is AWESOME" and screaming at the top of his lungs. I loved being able to experience this with him.

The ride is pretty long then stops very quickly at the end but smoother than you can imagine. He immediately says,"Can we do it again?" That's Boy for you right there. And yes, we did ride it again but this time I got to sit next to a much more reserved eight year old who amused me as well.

I'm Grateful for roller coasters (actually all thrill rides) and to be able to share this with enthusiastic and charming people like Boy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rox said...

I had an anxiety attack reading this.

7:07 AM  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Lol rox. That's so cute I can just see him exclaiming. No place better than the back.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home