Friday, December 05, 2008

Eyes

I'm Grateful for the gift of sight. I'm a very visual person.

I had an optometrist appointment this morning. I've been nearsighted for what I guess is my whole life. They caught it in the third grade. I remember the first time I put on my glasses. I amused my Mom by saying something like "Is THIS how everyone sees?" The world got so much sharper and brighter. I was told to only use them when I had to so it was mostly watching TV and reading the black board in school. Do they still use blackboards? That was fine with me back then because I didn't want to look like a nerd.

With this sheriff's deputy process you need to have at least 20/30 corrected vision with soft contact lenses. So this trip I had them give me the most corrected distance vision they could. So now with these contacts I have like 20/10 vision but now I'll have to wear reading glasses for small print stuff. Oh well.

Here's hoping for some clarity in everyone's life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home