Monday, July 03, 2006

magic with melissa

Last Thursday Eduardo, Em and I went together to the Melissa Etheridge concert here in town. It was kind of a celebration of Eduardo's 50th Birthday. I had been getting more amped about it all week. I'd seen Melissa perform on TV broadcasted concerts and thought her energy was really amazing. I've been wanting to experience her live for quite a long time. Also, it's been awhile since I've gone to a rock concert. I was ready!

It was interesting going on a date as a threesome. Here we are at a concert filled with lesbians and feeling like the odd ones there as it was obvious we were a "thruple." It amused me to wonder what these people might think about us. Not that it mattered cause Melissa wove this magic spell of energy, passion, humor and, with her incredible band, had the whole crowd in the palm of her hand. Her voice is so strong and powerful, she just pulls you in. She's there with you, not just singing to you.

At one point a song started that I knew very well as it was one of the songs from her "Lucky" CD. "Kiss Me" is the type of song with a strong hook, great beat,and sexy lyrics that I crank up in the car when I'm driving alone, groovin' and singing along to. The three of us ended up all wrapped up together, probably making a spectacle of ourselves, but I didn't care. It was so much fun and incredibly sexy!

It was a great evening. The three of us had such an amazing time together and it was so nice to be out without the kids, publicly a thruple, without reseravations.

More please!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot, hot, hot.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home