Monday, August 01, 2005

Two Hour Drive

Every week my kids and I make a trip from the mountains, down the hill, to Orange County. We also make the trip back up. This takes about two hours each time. People are always asking me how we do it. They think that this must be a horrible, boring experience week after week.

The funny thing is is that we hardly notice any hardship with this. The time usually seems to fly by and it gives us the oportunity to have really nice uninterupted discusions, or to listen to good (and sometimes bad) music or just be alone with our thoughts. The times we travel are not peak trafffic times, so I find it kind of relaxing even though I'm the only one doing the driving.

I think that in a year or so, when the oldest is mobile, I will miss these times. Maybe for awhile we will share the driving which should take the relaxing part and throw it out the window. Oh well, I'm a bit of a thrillseeker anyway so this should give the trip a new twist.

Untill then I'll cherish this travel time with two really important people in my life. Every trip we learn a little more about each other. I'm truly blessed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked this.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home